Thursday, May 8, 2014

Success!

Much better day today and yesterday! Was able to control the class better and managed my time well. I lowered my voice more in class today as well which seemed to be very effective to grab attention and was great for my throat.

Tomorrow is the end of the week and the students are finishing a timeline assessment for history. I have assessed most of the students maths unit so I am feeling pretty good!
 

I am just hoping the rain stays away for p.e tomorrow.

I have also reflected on how inclusion can be incorporated into my classes more. I have reflected on my groups and I am now more aware of certain students needs in these groups. Especially  the hearing impaired child, I have to actively be aware of where he is sitting in the group so he can hear the other students. I also have to move them to other areas so it is quieter for them. I have tried to make groups for non-literacy lessons to have higher and lower readiness students in them. This is to increase lower readiness students participation at a higher learning level. I have to be constantly aware of where my hearing impaired student is at all time. Especially in P.E where I do not have a microphone. This child needs to be close to me to hear my voice while out doors.
This is something that was discussed in EDUC4720 about accommodating the environment and my teaching approach to help all children equally. While it sounds like hard work in writing, it actually felt very natural and important to me to make sure this child was able to hear me.


Below are some notes from observations and planning from my notebook.
This is from watching my mentor teacher and making notes about what she is doing in class. I am making careful notes on the types of language she is using, especially questions.

This is a plan for my information report learning task. I was discussing with my Uni-liason officer about how I could differentiate this learning task for all readiness levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment